Now Hiring! Looking for Delivery/Warehouse personnel
Position Tasks & Activities:
- Select items from inventory according to invoicing for issue and delivery.
- Conveys materials using equipment such as forklifts, hand trucks, dollies or other mechanical warehouse equipment.
- Restocks equipment according to company procedure.
- Must have thorough knowledge of equipment loading to reduce breakage and to make the unloading at the customer’s sight easier.
- Assist with the proper loading of delivery trucks and securing of equipment.
- Load and unload equipment.
- Prep equipment, if necessary, prior to loading.
- Deliver and pick up equipment.
- Maintain accurate delivery and pickup records.
- Secure customer signature on contract, if not already signed.
- Inform supervisor of difficulties with deliveries or pickups.
- Place delivery and in-store returned equipment in appropriate area for inspection.
- Know specifics and applications of rental inventory, so you can answer questions upon delivery.
- Maintain and comply with company procedures and policies.
- While driving company vehicle:
- Serve as store representative.
- Carry driver’s license at ALL times.
- Observe all laws.
- Complete safety inspection/safety check daily on vehicles (fuel, lights, brakes, etc.)
- Keep vehicles clean (interior and exterior).
- Notify warehouse manager/manager of any scrapes, dents or accidents.
- Notify warehouse manager/manager of any mechanical difficulties.
- Double check delivered items to make sure customers receive exactly what they ordered.
- Notify office if behind schedule, so customers may be contacted.
- When delivering COD orders, write check number, amount of check and initials on contract.
- Instruct customers on equipment operation.
- Start equipment for customers.
- May, from time to time, perform minor repairs to equipment.
- Maintain an organized shop by returning tools and unused parts to the appropriate storage area.
- Report safety violations to supervisor.
- If equipment is missing or broken upon pick up notify customer and tell them the office staff will be in contact with them.
- Turn in all funds collected to the office upon return.
- At the end of the day check gas, oil and other fluid levels in every truck. Top off and record fluid levels as necessary.
- Take keys out of trucks daily.
- Fill in for other positions, when necessary, for smooth operation of the business.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
- Comply with government safety requirements and other regulations and security in store.
- Attend department, store and safety meetings.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Nature of the Work:
Works with minimal supervision. Must demonstrate responsible behavior and attention to detail. Will load and unload vehicles/trucks in full or partial loads Must operate and control loading equipment such as a self-propelled forklift. Must service customers in a polite, friendly and professional manner. May be required to assist customers with reservations, contracts, questions, register transactions and order adjustments if necessary.
May be exposed to the general range of weather experienced in the area, with the exception of several hours in the warehouse loading or unloading and drive time. Some work areas may not be heated or air conditioned. May have exposure to chemicals, including but not limited to gasoline, diesel fuel, propane, kerosene and cleaning solvents. Propane is an obvious hazard; hence a sense of smell is required. Some electrical equipment is delivered, although it is not a requirement to install or service the equipment. Stooping, crouching, bending, lifting, lowering, reaching, twisting, pulling, pushing, carting and carrying are intermittent tasks that routinely occur.
Education, Skills & Requirements:
- Must be able to lift approximately 70 lbs.
- Must maintain a professional personal appearance.
- Must possess customer relation skills.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must be familiar with local roads and be able use a GPS.
- Must be able to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Must be able to speak English clearly and write legibly. The ability to speak other languages is a plus.
- Must pass company drug screen.
- Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
- Must have a full range of motion and dexterity.
- Must be able to provide, understand and complete instructions furnished in written, oral or scheduled form.
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of patience.